Degrees and Certifications:
1. Students come into the gym and get ready by standing on their standing spot.
2. Warm-up. This is a statistical procedure used to raise the core tempature of the student's body. By doing this prior to any strenous activity it helps to decrease the chance of injury.
A warm-up can be comprised of various exercises (cobra push-up, flutter kicks, eagles, squats, etc.) that involves resistance training for muscles throughout the body. A warm-up can also be a combination of running form drills and/or light to moderate running for up to five minutes. Younger students will be working on skip, gallop, slide etc.
3. Skill/Activity. This is the planned game, skill, or activity that will meet the P.E. standard
4. Cool Down/Stretch. Students get between 3-5 minutes to cool down by performing various stretching exercises. This is also a time to get a much needed three second drink.
5. Line-up and be ready for the teacher to take you back to class.